8.25.2008

RIP III...It's heeeerree!


Alright, just when I figured there was no gas left in this old bag, Carl V. announced the RIP III Challenge!

It starts Sept. 1 and runs through Oct. 31. If you haven't ever participated, give it a shot -- you won't believe how much fun it is.

I am joining Peril the Second, aiming for 3 books.

Now comes the fun part: Deciding which books I'll read!!! What are you all reading?



Side note: Just wanted to record some of the books I've finished the past few months.

The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, Kate Summerscale
The Black Death: A Personal History, John Hatcher
Nixonland, Rick Perlstein
Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo, Hayden Herrera
Freedom from Fear: The American People in Depression and War, 1929-1945, David M. Kennedy

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

So...I've given you gas? ;)

So glad you're joining in. It is great fun, isn't it? And its all because of people like you. Thanks again, I look forward to seeing your selections, or potential selections.

LK said...

Thanks Carl! I think I'll have some interesting choices.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you finished the Kate Summerscale book? That's been on my TBR list since it came out. What did you think of it? I'm also working my way through "Nixonland" but it's slow going...

darkorpheus said...

Ah, welcome back to the blog fray, LK.

I was looking at the The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher a few weeks ago. Wanted to buy it, but thankfully I changed my mind - because I have no space! :)

Did you like it though? I might just buy it anyway when I'm more settled.