9.18.2006

Ichabod Crane Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Just when I thought I was busy, things amped up about 100%. I intend to catch up on my blog reading and posting soon. (I finished "The Turn of the Screw," "The Dead," and "In the Eye of the Sun." Much to mull over.) I also am considering printing up a T-shirt that I can wear around the office: "I'd rather be blogging." On second thought, probably not a great idea.

In lieu of a literate post, here's a recipe for Ichabod Crane Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. The best I can do for today!

Ingredients:

Cream cheese filling (below)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 x eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Method:Oven at 400 degrees. Grease the bottoms only of 12 muffin cups, or line with paper liners. Mix eggs, pumpkin, milk and oil. Stir in the dry ingredients just until flour is moistened. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Prepare cream cheese filling: mix 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened, with 1 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon sugar until smooth.Place about 1 teaspoon of this mixture on top of each muffin; swirl with a knife. Bake 20 to 22 minutes until golden brown. Remove muffins immediately from pans. 12 muffins.

6 comments:

Rebecca H. said...

Yeah -- I like the idea of the "I'd rather be blogging" T-shirt, but I'm not sure I could wear it at work!

Kate S. said...

This recipe sounds marvellous. I love culinary tie-ins! There are certain books, childhood favourites mostly, that I associate with particular foods, and so feel compelled to snack accordingly while rereading...

litlove said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

That's so perfect. The t-shirt, and the muffins. It's time for pumpkin, isn't it??

Anonymous said...

is there anything better than the combination of pumpkin and cream cheese? I really don't think so.

LK said...

I too like culinary-literary tie-ins. Currently, I am working on a recipe for The Lost Weekend Punch.