7.27.2006

Thoughts for Thursday

And now, to elevate Thursday to the same status as other days of the week (many of which are featured in popular songs), LK continues to amuse the muse by musing.

What makes this Thursday different from any other Thursday?

Maybe if I was born on this date, or maybe if something traumatic happened, this day would snag in my memory.

I can’t remember details from any other particular Thursday from my past, which makes me very sad and a bit frightened at the ephemeral stuff of life.

I have gotten to wishing I could pluck one single Thursday, even the most boring one, from any of the Thursdays I lived when I was seven or 12 or 18. Such a revisit would hold such fascination, just by virtue of its being a past event. Maybe I could discover a key to how I have arrived at who I am at this point in my life.

I don’t care much about seeing into the future, a time when a sore ankle and bad back may very well be the least of my worries.

No comments: